The Locker Project, in partnership with the Good Shepherd Food Bank, helps ensure food security for all Maine children through local schools. The Locker Project works with schools to create programs for providing students with healthy class-time snacks and take-home food for the times they are most likely to experience hunger.
We partner with other like-minded groups to bring nutrition, food budget, and healthy food preparation education to kids and families. We distribute fresh produce donated by local farms to Good Shepherd Food Bank at school events. We share neighborhood gardeners’ harvests with families in need. We partner with Portland Rotary, the South Portland Food Cupboard, the Maine Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and Full Plates/Full Potential to assist schools in getting food to hungry children.
- Bayside Learning Community (formerly the West School), Portland
- Brown Elementary School, South Portland
- Center for Grieving Children, Portland
- Deering High School, Portland
- East End Community School, Portland
- Easterseals Maine Child Development Center
- Hall Elementary School, Portland
- Kaler Elementary School, South Portland
- King Middle School, Portland, in partnership with the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein
- Lincoln Middle School, Portland
- Lyman-Moore Middle School, Portland
- Margaret Murphy Center for Children, Saco
- Memorial Middle School, South Portland
- Ocean Avenue School, Portland
- Presumpscot Elementary School, Portland
- The REAL School, Mackworth Island (part of the Windham-Raymond School District)
- Reiche Elementary School, Portland
- Riverton Elementary School
- Skillin Elementary School, South Portland
- South Portland High School
- Westbrook High School
If you are interested in learning more about how your school can partner with the Locker Project to bring food to children in need, contact us today!
Want to volunteer for the Locker Project? Click here to fill out our online form to get started!