The Locker Project, in partnership with the Good Shepherd Food Bank, helps ensure food security for all Maine children through local schools. The Locker Project works with schools to create programs for providing students with healthy class-time snacks and take-home food for the times they are most likely to experience hunger.
We partner with other like-minded groups to bring nutrition, food budget, and healthy food preparation education to kids and families. We distribute fresh produce donated by local farms, supermarkets, and small markets at school events. We share neighborhood gardeners’ harvests with students and families in need. We additionally partner with the South Portland Food Cupboard, the Portland and Westbrook-Gorham Rotary Clubs, Westbrook-Gorham Kiwanis Club, Cultivating Community, the City of Portland, and the Portland Public Schools Food Security Coalition to assist schools in getting food to hungry children. Special thanks also go to Wayside Food Programs for their continuous support.
- Bayside Learning Community, Portland
- Boys & Girls Club, South Portland
- Brown Elementary School, South Portland
- Center for Grieving Children, Portland
- Deering High School, Portland
- East End Community School, Portland
- Head Start, Portland
- Kaler Elementary School, South Portland
- King Middle School, Portland
- Lincoln Middle School, Portland
- Lyman-Moore Middle School, Portland
- Lyseth Elementary School, Portland
- Margaret Murphy Center for Children, Saco
- Memorial Middle School, South Portland
- Ocean Avenue School, Portland
- Presumpscot Elementary School, Portland
- Reiche Elementary School, Portland
- Riverton Elementary School, Portland
- Rowe Elementary School, Portland (former Hall Elementary)
- Skillin Elementary School, South Portland
- South Portland High School
- Southern Maine Children’s Academy, Portland
- Westbrook High School
If you are interested in learning more about how your school can partner with the Locker Project to bring food to children in need, contact us today!
Want to volunteer for the Locker Project? Click here to fill out our online form to get started!