We’re trying something new!
The Locker Project has partnered with Jordan O’Hearn and Timothy Sprague, both final year Masters of Leadership Studies (MLS) graduate students, who have conceived a creative plan to help the 60,000 + children in Maine living with food insecurity.
Tim and Jordan have created an advertising campaign with PR Newswire and paired with a new crowdfunding page, we hope to get the Locker Project’s message out to thousands of people who otherwise would never know about what we do and how many kids we help.
What we do
The Locker Project partners with the Good Shepherd Food Bank, the Maine state-wide food bank that facilitates programs like ours across the state, to facilitate the distribution of nourishing food among all of us who need it.
We are distributing hundreds of pounds of produce (and store-donated meats, eggs, and wholesome baked goods) to food-insecure students in Maine every day. Also, young generations are cooking with fresh ingredients and discovering how to be “foodies”; prior generations have been accustomed to processed foods.
The Locker Project manages pantries and fresh produce distributions within public schools in the pre-school, elementary, middle, high, and alternative school levels. We are currently working within 22 schools in Portland, Westbrook, South Portland, Saco, and Raymond.
List of upcoming objectives:
• Our immediate objective is to open pantries in the six schools that have been on our waiting list and introduce produce distributions.
• We’d like to purchase a 2nd van and hire an additional part-time driver to deliver food to our new schools throughout Southern Maine.
• Provide a pantry in any school in Cumberland and York Counties that wishes it provide a pantry for students in need to take food home.
• To assist any school in the state of Maine to open their own pantry.
• To collaborate with State, Federal, and Municipal organizations; nonprofit entities; and other passionate partners to come together and strategize how to end overall child hunger in the state of Maine, and beyond.
Together with businesses, individuals, and foundational partners, we are working tirelessly to address the underlying causes of hunger among children, senior citizens, and all of us in the state of Maine.
How YOU can help:
- 1. Share – Tell your friends about the crowdfunding link GoFundme.com/LockerProject through social media
- 2. Hashtag – Use the hashtags #EndFoodInsecurity and #LPCrowdFunding to help grow awareness
- 3. Donate – Even a small donation can help our mission to end food insecurity in Maine
Check back here often for updates and to see where we hope to use the collected funds to maximize its impact.
As always, we couldn’t do any of this with your support! Thank you!